You are successfully registered
Thanks for telling us about yourself, ! Now we know who we're talking to, and can create content you'll love
MSc - Master of Science
About the course
Develop and deliver high-quality dentistry with our periodontology programme. Led by a team of consultants and specialists, this programme is structured to allow you to continue your current working commitments while studying for this postgraduate degree at an appropriate pace. Each clinical module includes hands-on exercises and consultant support time to ensure you have the understanding and confidence to carry out taught restorative techniques.
- Choose your own learning journey – complete 60 credits and receive a PG Certificate in Periodontology. 120 credits will give you a PG Diploma and the maximum 180 credits will reward you with a full MSc in Periodontology. The cost of each module is £5000.
- Balance existing work commitments with flexible study opportunities. Each module consists of 300 total learning hours – 80 hours of direct contact and 220 hours in own practice preparing cases.
- Benefit from hands-on consultant time for each clinical module – put your knowledge into practice and gain experience and confidence.
- High-quality teaching – learn from an experienced team of consultants in restorative dentistry and by respected visiting specialist clinicians and teachers of periodontology.
- Grow in confidence and experience with the programme – learn and understand the foundations of periodontology and develop your knowledge and skills with more advanced skills, focusing on surgery in Year 2.
- Boost your future career prospects and the quality of care you can offer to your patients and produce a dissertation to complete the masters - design, conduct, evaluate and write up a project on a topic relevant to periodontology.
- Accredited by The Royal College of Surgeons of England, registered charity number .
For this course (overall cost)
To be confirmed
As a graduate, you should be practising dentistry in the UK or EU whilst undertaking the programme, and hold full General Dental Council (GDC) registration as a dental practitioner. You should also have full professional indemnity and normally at least two years of clinical experience. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis, subject to fulfilling the above requirements.
The University of Plymouth’s campus is centrally located within Britain’s Ocean City, perched on the South Westerly coast of Devon in between scenic Cornwall and the historic Dartmoor National Park. The University is renowned for its world leading research; postgraduate students are supported by accomplished and experienced staff who undertake research that is innovative, operates across disciplinary boundaries, and provides outstanding...more
Part time | 3 years | SEP-23