You are successfully registered
Thanks for telling us about yourself, ! Now we know who we're talking to, and can create content you'll love
PGCE - Postgraduate Certificate of Education
Teaching In Secondary Schools Craft Design And Technology (Cdt Teaching / Training
Transform your enthusiasm for design and technology into practical teaching skills. With school placements, tutor support and a graduated induction programme, our trainees are well prepared for teaching in secondary education, and have an excellent record of obtaining first teaching posts. Our full-time, one year PGCE programme will give you the training and support needed to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to begin your professional teaching career.
- Draw upon your own expertise in design and technology, and extend your own subject knowledge and understanding.
- Build your confidence and gain practical teaching experience, with two main placements in local secondary schools and shorter visits to primary schools.
- Access a range of bursary and funding options to help ensure you’re able to focus on your studies and placements.
- Benefit from support throughout your training from both your faculty tutor and school mentors.
- Stand out as a subject specialist with the knowledge, personal qualities and standards of professional competence necessary to stimulate the imagination of children and to maintain and improve standards in schools.
- Learn about the latest curriculum developments, issues and innovations.
- Deepen your understanding of teaching, and learn about the opportunities for continued professional development and the relationship between educators and society.
- Make use of the latest technologies and developments in teaching and gain experience in developing multimedia resources for your subject.
- Hone your CV, interview and job application skills and attend events that will introduce you to potential employers.
- Leave with the skills, knowledge and experience needed to begin your career teaching design and technology to children of all abilities from ages 11–18.
- Take advantage of free teacher training support from the Department for Education’s Premier Plus programme.
To be confirmed
To be confirmed
When selecting applicants for interview the admissions tutor will consider all parts of the application including a personal statement and references. The UCAS website has useful information on how to provide these. Academic requirements: GCSE grade C (or equivalent) in English and mathematics; An honours degree (2:2 or above) or equivalent, from a recognised university (masters and PhDs also count towards entry requirements; There is also a requirement to pass minimum standards for literacy and numeracy; Masters and PhDs count towards entry requirements. A masters degree will be considered as a second class upper degree and a PhD as a first. This will also apply to international applicants. Non-academic requirements: You'll be required to complete a satisfactory DBS (formerly CRB) Enhanced Disclosure, register with the Independent Safeguarding Authority and complete a criminal convictions self-declaration form. Find all of the important documentation you'll need when applying for this programme; You must be deemed fit to teach; You must be able to reflect on some experience in relevant educational setting(s).
The University of Plymouth’s campus is centrally located within Britain’s Ocean City, perched on the South Westerly coast of Devon in between scenic Cornwall and the historic Dartmoor National Park. The University is renowned for its world leading research; postgraduate students are supported by accomplished and experienced staff who undertake research that is innovative, operates across disciplinary boundaries, and provides outstanding...more
Part time | 1 year | SEP-23