menu icon
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest news
PGDip Specialist Community Public Health Nurse - Health Visiting (Degree Apprenticeship)

PGDip Specialist Community Public Health Nurse - Health Visiting (Degree Apprenticeship)

Different course options

Study mode

Distance without attendance

Duration

1 year

Start date

SEP-21

Key information
DATA SOURCE : IDP Connect

Qualification type

Masters Degree Apprenticeship at Level 7

Subject areas

Health Visiting Community Medicine Health Promotion Environmental Health (General)

Course type

Taught

Course Summary

The Specialist Community Public Nurse - Health Visiting Apprenticeship has been developed to support registered nurses develop advanced skills and knowledge in integrated community care.

Graduates will work collaboratively with health and social care services to coordinate services that meet the needs of children and families. Utilising specialist skills to promote health and wellbeing, putting interventions in place to improve outcomes for children, families and the community.

You will:

  • Acquire specialist, professional and integrated technical skills and knowledge in care delivery, service improvement, policy, and public health
  • Develop leadership and influencing skills, with an emphasis on working across integrated systems
  • Learn practice education skills that enable you to appraise, access and develop students and teams members
  • Develop competences and knowledge to practise autonomously and support a wide team to deliver person centred care
  • Achieve the competency in nonmedical prescribing V100 (optional)
  • Find a pathway to gaining a master’s qualification

WHAT ABOUT AFTER UNI?

Graduates will work collaboratively with health and social care services to coordinate services that meet the needs of children and families. Utilising specialist skills to promote health and wellbeing, putting interventions in place to improve outcomes for children, families and the community.

Modules

This module will enhance the skills and knowledge in the implementation of integrated care at an individual, team and organisational level. There is a focus on development and advancement of co-production and co-design. The module aims to: Critically evaluate theories and strategies to enable the student to develop knowledge and skills through the utilisation of the evidence base to plan for real and sustained co-produced/designed change to bring about patient and/or service improvements within their healthcare organisation; Expose the student to opportunities via practical application of activities and mentoring to critically evaluate self and others and critically reflect on techniques required to co-produce and co-design care. Enable the student to critically appraise their qualities as a leader and their impact in the development of healthy communities including preventive, self-care and asset-based approaches to health and social care; Enable students to explore the use of co-production and co-design in co-morbidity and complex conditions management at a patient, family, and community level.

Tuition fees

UK fees
Course fees for UK students

The government will cover 95% of the cost of the apprenticeship and the employer will only have to contribute the remaining 5%. Once payments have been declared to HMRC, employers will now have access to a digital apprenticeship account from which they will be able to access funding to pay for apprenticeship training.

Average for all Postgrad courses (per year)

£5,202

International fees
Course fees for non-UK/ international students

To be confirmed

Average for all Postgrad courses (per year)

£12,227

Entry requirements

A minimum of a second-class honour’s degree (2:2) in a related discipline area. An equivalent academic or professional qualification from the UK or elsewhere i.e. incorporating study at least comparable to 120 credits at Honours level. Professional qualification of equivalent status and associated work experience or an equivalent qualification deemed suitable by the course team. An applicant who does not possess one of these qualifications may be admitted for entry through the Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL). Two forms of APL may be used for entry: The Accreditation of Prior.

University information

The University of Salford is an ambitious and progressive institution in the Greater Manchester area. It offers a high-quality programme of postgraduate and research degree courses that furthers understanding in key areas of global research, and leads graduates into challenging and rewarding careers in science, healthcare, law, business, engineering, the built environment, media, music and the arts. Students will join a postgraduate community...more

Similar courses at this uni